Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Squeeks is now an 'it'...

Squeeks (or Squeakers as we've been calling him) was neutered today and it all went well... He was up and about, ready to go when I arrived to pick him up... The vet believes Squeakers is about 5 years old, his teeth look great and they just couldn't get over how outgoing and friendly he is, especially after hearing Squeakers' back story! Someone at the vet's office told me Squeakers changed his mind about the rep this breed has... Previously he didn't like Chihuahuas at all, believing they were just 'yappy rat dogs' as he said... And I'm a proud foster mom, so I took the compliment graciously!

To celebrate, I took Squeakers to PetSmart today for a new collar, harness and lead... He walks like a pro on lead, by the way!... Head up, proud and majestic, Squeakers is not a puller on lead and thoroughly enjoyed the stop on the way home to go shopping... He patiently allowed me to try on several collars until I found one that set off his coat... I ONLY wish other fosters liked going shopping this much! ... At one point, he's wagging his tail at me while I've tried on about the 10th collar to make sure it not only looked great, but fit as well! What a sweetie he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment