Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coco Chanel... easy transition from shelter to home...

Quiet, peaceful night last night... Coco realized we (or at least I do! smile...) watch an hour or two of TV at night with the rest of the family... Everyone gets into 'their spot' either on the couch, on the doggie lounges in front of the TV or onto someone's lap (with or without a blankee, depending upon the 'undercoverness' of the Chi)... She found one of the open, unclaimed spots to my left on a cushy pillow and fell asleep... A few minutes later I heard one of those deep, DEEP sighs and breathes as she stretched out a bit and relaxed into a deep sleep... Wonder how many of those she's had in the past three weeks at the shelter?... Probably not many of those, I'd wager...

Coco Chanel knows the doggie door already, so she's diligent about going outside to go potty... Yet another challenge down... And when I said, "Let's go to bed" she watched everyone else jump up and head down the hallway... I waited a bit for her and she cautiously followed... She grabbed Bella's old spot up on the headboard pillows and settled in - she doesn't snore either! :)...

This morning at 3AM, she was cold so I found a pink T-shirt for her to wear once she came in from going potty... She initially shakes when confronted with a new experience, so I don't think she's worn T-shirts or sweaters before... However, she quickly learned what I want when I said, "Give me your paw" so I could insert it through one of the armholes...



Because she's so underweight right now, I suspect she has a difficult time getting comfortable unless she's laying on a cushy doggie bed or pillow... I home cook for my guys, so she should pick up weight at a good pace and although her coat is not as silky as everyone else has, a home cooked diet with the supplements should help in that regard too with time... She's definately got some of the wire-haired wispy long hairs throughout her coat, but she has an underlying skin of black as well... Interesting coloring when you look closely at it...



What a sweet, sweet little girl this is... How she ended up in the shelter is beyond me... sigh... She's now moved over to the other side of the 'Chihuahua Penthouse' where the morning sun comes in through diffused filters... It is one of the favorite morning spots for everyone to catch their morning naps in (after basking a bit outside on the lounge chairs, catching that first early morning sun)... That's Frito to the right of her, falling asleep while still sitting upright! He is 5 1/2 pounds if that gives you a benchmark to judge the size of Coco Chanel...



What a sweet baby face Coco Chanel has as she is now comfortable and warm this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment