Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chloe - Already making progress!


Chloe is such a beautifully marked Chihuahua, I don't know how she ever ended up as a stray... The top of her tail is black - the same coloring of her snout and when you see her in total, the coloring and markings are just breath taking...



This morning she was VERY glad to see me... Tail was up and wagging... And throughout the day, she was more and more friendly... I've been ignoring her, not trying to catch her and just letting her settle in... She was curious enough to fully explore the house today and she consistently 'follows the crowd' around here... What everyone is doing, she's there as well... The "magic of the pack" works such unbelievable miracles with these fosters...

This afternoon I took the puppies out onto the patio and allowed them to run around in a double Xpen, enjoying the breeze and change of scene... Simply celebrating the day, I then passed out cookies (dehyrdrated chicken strips) and Chloe took not just one, but came back later for another one... And this evening I got my first kiss on the hand (and I wasn't handing out cookies at the time either!)...

She's already started picking back up some weight... Today we discovered she likes to play with toys, and seems to favor the soft plushy kind... Tonight she even got into playing with some of the other boys here and is overly friendly towards them already - kissing, playing catch me if you can, etc.

Once Chloe gets back to the proper weight, I suspect she'll become a loving dog in that same time frame... You can already see that she wants to, but learning to trust again is not something you can calendar - or make a prediction when it will occur... But we are right around the corner with this little one and it won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment