Monday, May 25, 2009

Squeeks is a dream...

I am awestruck with how sweet Squeeks is... He integrated himself around here so easily, you'd think he'd been here for months or years... Normally before I take on a foster, I like to get some first hand experience with them to make sure they will not upset the serenity of the pack around here... With Squeeks, we took him in, sight unseen and no clue as to his temperament...

He is comfortable enough (now) to stretch out on the doggie's lounger in front of the TV stand... He does like blankees though and will curl up inside them with just his head sticking out...

I noticed he took one of those nice, LONG naps yesterday afternoon, stretched WAY out and heard a few of those deep, deep sighs... Like, "It's OK... nobody is going to hurt me now... I can sleep in peace here for as long as I want to..."... Once I see a foster sleep out in the open like that (instead of in a kennel or crate), I get the sense they know their place in the pack and the pack has accepted them...

Whenever my husband left to go in the garage yesterday, Squeeks would hang by the door waiting for his return!... We were in and out of the house, doing chores and getting ready for next week's yard sale to benefit TLC...

But once Paul finally sat down for the evening??? Squeeks was RIGHT there aside of him on the couch~~~!!!... "OK, Dad... it's about time you sat down to relax... Come sit down here aside of me and I'll lay my head on your lap... Do you need a little TLC?... Well, that's right up my alley... Come, let's cuddle a bit... Hmmmm... Can I sit on your lap? Would ya mind?... Ah, that's nice... All is right in my world again... "... LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment