Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dulce has her very own furever home!

Yesterday's "meet & greet" with the home check went exceptionally well!... I was SO afraid her new furever family would be looking for a 'purse puppy' type Chi and Dulce never fit into that category - size, personality or activity level... She was always the 'rowdy howdy' girl of the bunch, ready to spring onto (and carry off) the newest toy, first to step into the food bowl and wonder why her paw was wet, etc...

Dulce climbed into her new furever parents' arms immediately and handed out kisses, anxious to 'get this show on the road' as only Dulce knows how! (smile)

I received this email from her new mom and thought to include it here:

Dulce was wonderful yesterday. She already knows her pink bed is hers and she loves curling up in it and hiding treats in the corners. She is very smart and she has figured out that Daddy likes to play and Mommy likes to cuddle and she comes running to me when she gets scared because she thinks I'm the one that will protect her.

Dulce loves playing with all her new toys, but she has trouble figuring out which one to play with so she runs back and forth between the balls and the stuffed animals. She has also found a few new toys that she loves playing with --- my hair and paper towels and Kleenex. She is constantly trying to chew on my hair if it gets within her reach and when she sees paper, paper towels, or Kleenex of any kind she locks her teeth on it and you have to wrestle it away from her before she shreads it. LOL


(that's my Dulce!... foster mom grin and giggle here)

She has found a corner in the backyard that she likes to go to the bathroom in already. She was really well behaved last night. We put her bed in between my husband and my pillow. She crawled into it and slept through the night without waking up. She woke me up at 9 this morning when she crawled on top of my head and curled up on my pillow next to me. LOL. As soon as she woke up, she has been almost non stop all day, except for a few naps on the couch.

Thank you for mailing us that stuff. We already took dozens of pictures and we will send them to you as soon as we get a chance to upload them. We will keep you updated on her growth and send you pictures occasionally.


People often ask us why we do what we do --- isn't it hard to let them go once you've gotten them healthy, retrained them, rehabilitated them, whatever... But this is the 'pay back' that can't be measured on any balance sheet... Most of the fosters I have had in the past years keep in touch with me (and I've done several 'refresher' training sessions with some for Chis can be a bit headstrong if given an opportunity!)... At the holidays, I get more emails and photos from 'the kids' who have been fostered and moved on into their furever homes... It's like those Mastercard commercials... the warm fuzzies you get back are simply priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment