Friday, May 15, 2009

Introducing Coco Chanel...

(and yes, that truly is her name per the ID tag she was wearing!)... Normally I only rescue Chihuahuas of a certain size for I have a 15-year old Chi who weighs 4 pounds and has dementia - anything too large or of other breeds just harasses Mr. Sweetie too much... But I kept going back to Coco's kennel in the shelter... Those eyes just got to me along with the eyebrows and the whiskers around the snout and chin...



She's two years old, housebroken, up to date on all her shots, spayed, microchipped and licensed for the County of Ventura... And SWEET, SWEET, SWEET...

Coco is a bit underweight at 5 pounds and should really gain a pound or two... And she ate like she'd not been feed for months at lunchtime today... She's been exceptionally sweet and friendly to all of my dogs and fosters, including Nacho with his puppy teeth!... Today she's in 'decompression mode' that a lot of dogs freshly pulled from the shelter go through... They do this deep, DEEP relaxed sleep that we've seen countless times... Like it is OK to curl into a plushy doggie bed and just sleep without all the strange noise, sounds and banging they experience at the shelters...



When we all crawled into bed for our afternoon nap, she nuzzled up to me - almost as if to say 'thank you for saving me'... She'd been in the shelter since the last week of April and because she didn't come forward to the kennel when people approached, I think she was just passed by... On my second visit back to her kennel, she wagged her tail at me and I was just hooked... So I've been watching her and hoping someone would adopt her, but alas, her time started running out so today TLC pulled her...

While she does not have the smooth hair of the Chi, she's not a wirehaired either, but clearly has much more Terrier in her than Chihuahua... That tail never stops wagging, but if it did, you'd see the very tip of it is jet black...



Whoever her owner was, they must have loved her to give her such a sweet name and it fits... Once you start petting her, she rolls over to get a belly rub and her belly is like pure silk...



She'll make someone a great pet for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment