Monday, May 18, 2009

The city dawgs! LOL... Max, Mouser & Chloe

The three fosters are like the "Three Chi-usketeers" - Max, Mouser and Chloe... Wherever one is, the other two are and all three will be in trouble together!... ...

They must all be 'city dawgs' for sure!... For Mother's Day, I asked for four NICE tomato plants - must be a throwback to my farm childhood for I love fresh tomatoes during the summer... I know Mouser had never seen a lawn mower before for sure, and Max doesn't like to get too close to that watering wand although everyone lays on the chaise lounge and watches me do it all the time... So everyone watches me while I putter around the backyard (my sanctuary)...

I have a certain spot where I plant the tomatoes each year and it requires horse manure... I do only organic gardening around here because of the dogs, so it stinks to high heaven but it is GREAT for tomatoes... I already had the tomato bed prepared earlier this month, but once the four tomato plants arrived in their bucket, I knew I had to get them in the ground this weekend or they'd die on me from the heat...

The dogs are all used to me watering early every morning and again in the evenings, so no one took much notice when I headed around the house on Sunday morning with the black watering hose... But when I came back to the shed and got the shovel, the Three Chi-usketeers immediately got intrigued about what I was doing..

I'm SURE that was a strong smell as I was digging out holes and turning over that earth that had a base of horse manure... All of them were up in the tomato bed, sniffing like crazy... I'd turn over dirt and they were 'helping' me to dig as well!... LOL...

But once the holes were dug and I had filled them all up with water prior to planting the plants?... The strong must have been really strong because none could refrain from leaning just a bit too close to the edge... The plot of garden has a lot of sand in it as well, so Mouser leaned a bit too close but was leaning aside of Max and BOTH of them ended up in the hole!... The splash and sputtering startled Chloe and she ended up sliding into another one of the four holes!...

Within seconds all three of them were scrambling out, shaking themselves off and as startled as could be!... I thought I'd die laughing at them! What goobers these guys are!

No comments:

Post a Comment