Monday, July 6, 2009

Update on Jayda...

It's hard to not fall in love with a dog that wags their tail every time they see you, ya know? ... sigh...

This weekend I was fortunate to find a doggie air mattress for Jayda and we swapped it out... I could almost see the enjoyment in her as she laid down with her pups and sunk into the cushiness of it... It must feel much better, especially with that old injury of hers...

Several times a day, I pick up Jayda and take her out into the backyard to let her hop around and do her business... She's always exceptionally friendly with me and I have to admit - I've been spoiling her already with extra goodies, extra pets, and extra attention... I have a weakness for black Bandits anyway... There's something about that look that just melts me... I guess it's a throwback to the wolf look without the huge size and aggression of that branch of the canine species...

Now that Jayda is used to me, my smells, my tone of voice, etc. today we moved to a new and large Xpen... I opened up the visuals so she could see the other dogs and they can see her through the gate of the Xpen... She now knows I will not let anyone hurt her or her pups, but we are a multi-dog home here and everyone MUST get along, not be ugly with each other and co-exist in a friendly fashion...

We've decided we're going to try and save that leg if we can... The next step is to have Jayda see an orthopedic vet, get Xrays done and go from there... Maybe the only solution is an amputation, but before we sign off on such a dramatic surgery, we want to make sure we are doing the right thing for Jayda...

We need financial support and help to do this so we've created a "Jayda's Fund" page where people can donate... Even a few dollars will help and if you just gave up one Starbucks a week in Jayda's behalf, I know we together as a humane community can do this... Here's Jayda's page to read more on her story and see an updated photo I took of her today... How can you not melt into those eyes, or allow her to be hit by a car and not seek medical attention? I don't get it, but to add salt to the wound, not having her spayed and then allowing her to get pregnant was beyond inhumane IMHO.

P.S. I've decided to call her pups Faith, Hope, Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment