Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update from Chloe's foster mom...


This is Chloe’s second week with me and she look like she’s is getting comfortable. Last weekend at adoptions she wasn’t so barky and seemed a little calmer when strangers approached the pen to take a look at all the adoptable dogs.

She will come up to me when I get home from work and wag her tail follow me, which is a good sign and it shows that at least she likes me! Ha! She does absolutely great with my little dog, Lucy, and has since started playing with her. They always play chase in the morning while I am getting ready to go to work and I can always hear their little bells jingling from running around the house.

Chloe is very patient and not aggressive with Lucy, even when Lucy tries dominate her and “push” her around . Chloe has never charged or bitten Lucy, and that’s what I love about her. She recently started sleeping with Lucy the past couple of nights which is hilarious since she sleeps in a little pink bed. But they manage to squeeze in there together! I have got to get a picture of it and I will be sure to post it! I posted a picture of them on the couch and they love to sit on it during the day and night. They are usually always together or at least keeping an eye out for each other.

Chloe is always becoming more playful with me also. A couple of times I have played chase with her and talked to her and she has her tail up and wagging and she does the doggie stance (her front paws on the floor but her butt in the air!). She is getting better about people coming into the house and doesn’t bark at much. I have made it a habit to at least pick her up everyday and hold and pet her for at least 5-10 minutes a day to get her used to the human touch and to feel the “love”. I can usually get her to go into her kennel and the once she is in there, I will pull her out and hold her. She has never bitten me when I stick my hands in there to get her.

Next step…get her to love taking baths!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment