Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Morning with Jayda...

When I got up this morning, Jayda (in her new digs) was standing there looking at me through the gate and wagging her tail... She's such a good pup and apparently housebroken, so going on a pitty pad is going to be a new learned behavior for her... Once I took care of the 'raptors' with their goats milk and morning breakfast, I closed the doggie door and picked up Jayda so she could explore the backyard alone... Well, almost alone as Mr. Sweetie and Kimberly were outside, but they wouldn't bother a flea...

Jayda took a few hops and then got 'down to business' as did my morning routine of 'picking up the presents'... Once she was done, she started following me around the yard and I felt bad seeing her hop like that... Her good back leg is weak, so while in my head I know she needs the exercise, in my heart it hurts to see her following me around like that... sigh... Oh well, I can do 'presents patrol' later on in the day...

Another rescue recommended an orthopedic vet they've been using and have been exceptionally pleased with, so today my job is to call and discuss this, see if he will take on another rescue case and go from there... We have three weeks to gather up the funds, do our research and get prepared to do whatever needs to be done...

Hopefully, things will stay as they are right now -- Hope, Joy, Peace and Love will make it, Jayda will continue to gain a bit of weight and improve without any additional stress on her injury and we'll continue to move forward on the goal of making this right for her...

What a sweetie Jayda has developed into... How she can be this sweet towards me with all that my kind has done to her is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment