Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Great news for Jayda!

Late update... Last night long after the office had closed, I got a call from my vet's office and although they don't do plating, Dr. Novy believes he can pin the leg so Jayda will be to use it. Having seen the Xrays online and read the estimates the surgical hospital gave, he is willing to do the surgery for $2,000, take what we have collected so far in donations ($600) and give us 60 days to pay the balance. I applied for a grant from an organization and they already pledged $200 for Jayda, so we're 40% there at having collected $800.

Dr. Novy wants to see Jayda today in person at 10:15AM, and if everything is as he believes it is, surgery will be done right away. I'll have to wean the pups early - within a week - to stop the calcium depletion and allow Jayda's bone to knit together as quickly as possible.

I'm not one of those crying types, but after I got off the phone with him, I'm not ashamed to admit I got pretty emotional. I've been dealing with this since July 3rd and you can't meet this dog and not fall in love with her. Even to take the Xrays, they didn't need to sedate Jayda!

She's so gosh darn young to lose a leg, and it was tearing me up inside to consider that option.

Anyway, if you'd like to donate directly to the veterinary clinic, Jayda's surgery will be done by Valley Veterinary Clinic, 845 East Los Angeles Ave, Simi Valley, CA 930665 (805-526-0917) - just make sure you mark for Jayda on any check that you send.

And again, THANK YOU for ANY help you can give towards helping Jayda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment