Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A mother's work is never done - Jayda

I have a PhD in anthropomorphism (putting human emotions onto animals), but I couldn't resist taking this photo yesterday of Jayda... I can almost imagine her thinking with a sigh, "A mother's work is never done..."



And here's a close-up of that face... (smile)...



Jayda's pups are getting larger by the day, but their milk teeth have started coming in so this week we are starting to introduce solid foods in their diet in an attempt to wean them off of her earlier than normal... This will slow down the depletion of the calcium drain from Jayda and speed up her recovery with her leg as well...

Puppies and solid food is always a messy ordeal... What goes in (and messy) comes out and is messy (plus SMELLY!!!)... Not one of my favorite things with dog rescue at all, but always a necessity!

Jayda's hobbling around pretty well and has never once complained about the whole ordeal... She's always sweet and loyal, ready with a wagging tail and happy to see us... I can't imagine any other dog going through this and it not affecting their temperament... She goes in for her three-week checkup next week and at that point we'll know more about how successful this whole surgery has been once new Xrays have been taken... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it exceeds my expectations, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment