Friday, June 12, 2009

Annie and Boots...

I just love this picture of Annie and Boots...



So much so I also put it up on the Cafepress store with the caption of 'Well behaved Chihuahuas rarely make history' - not that either one is a badly behaved Chihuahua, but I loved the quote and the picture, plus they are almost like 'salt and pepper' when sitting together - both with the same sided flop ear...

Despite the look of the photo, Annie's not a large dog (less than 6 pounds), but I intentionally took a close-up when I saw them sitting together in the Chihuahua penthouse...

Boots has a BAD case of SA going on right now... Guess it is to be expected with what she's gone through recently... It will be some time before she's ready to be adopted...

Annie on the other hand, is ready to go... She's beyond the shelter experience and is SO involved in whatever is going on around here... A few months ago, one of my fosters decided they liked chewing on the bottom of a wicker hamper my husband has had for EONS , but because it was 'his' I felt bad, but just hadn't gotten around to reweaving it... This week I put it on the kitchen table and tackled it, but it took several hours to strip down the damaged parts, save what I could of the wicker and fill in the empty spots...

Everyone had a free-for-all chasing the polyester cording that seemed to go for miles and miles (at least my arms felt like that!)... Some taking an end and heading out onto the patio as far as the length would go! (Nacho, Chloe, etc.)... But Annie? She sat right there on the arm of the recliner couch and watched me diligently the entire time... Almost as is she wanted to learn how to weave herself! (smile)...

Either that, or she was inspecting my work!

Once I finished, she seemed satisfied, jumped down and went on outside to play with the other dogs... Guess I'd done good!

No comments:

Post a Comment