Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cody... another first...

Cody is finally settling in and learning what it means to be a happy, well-loved dog. Here is a picture of him tired out after working for a while on his first ever rawhide chew!

It took some holding and me pretending to chew it myself to teach him what he was supposed to do with it, but eventually he took it from me and began holding it himself. It would have been easier for my own dogs to teach him rather than me (they learn from each other
very fast and from us as fast as they choose to!) but I was at work teaching him today rather than at home so we made do!

I was curious to see how he would tackle the chew as each dog goes at it differently and sure enough, he learned very quickly to slice it with his teeth along the top to get the pieces off. The funny thing, is that most dogs want to tear pieces off so they can eat them, he just tore them off in little confetti pieces and left them there (he will learn fast though I am sure!)

He is so smart and looks at everything intellectually, you can just see those wheels spinning all the time!



After a little nap, he needed to go to the bathroom (or so I thought!) so I took him out to the grass as we do a few times each day while we are at work.

He didn't need to go though --- just wanted to sun-bathe and people-watch for a bit. Interestingly enough, even though he was hit by a car only weeks ago, he isn't afraid of them and doesn't get fearful when they are going by.

Here he is on the grass watching the world pass by while we sat together for about 10 minutes for him to get some sun (spoiled rotten I tell ya!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment