Saturday, August 29, 2009

Unexpected return - CoCo Chanel

It was a shock to see CoCo being returned to us today... Once again, she's thin and underweight and even more shy than she was when adopted two months ago... The owner cited CoCo's inability to warm up towards her husband, and even outright aggression towards him...

I have not seen this, and intentionally have left CoCo with my husband for an extended period of time without any issues... While CoCo does not favor men, she will retreat to a safe distance and just watch what is going on around her if there is a male in the room... I do not believe CoCo could ever be aggressive towards anyone (dog or human) unless cornered with no means of escape when frightened.

She stepped back into our home like she'd never left, so our task now is to get some meat back on those bones! I have noticed she is now fearful to eat in front of the other dogs - this is a new behavior that we're working on to remove.

Once again, CoCo follows me around the house throughout the day, and loves 'couch potato-ing' aside of me at night if I'm watching TV, or laying in her favorite doggie bed aside of my computer when I'm working online... She is a gentle and sweet soul, preferring to cuddle up at night on the pillow above my bed on the headboard shelf... She is an exceptionally sweet dog for the right person and/or home situation and/or lifestyle, and we welcomed her back into our home with pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment