Monday, August 24, 2009

How will I take care of Cody during the week?

After going back and forth, I decided that it would be best for Cody to be at the vet hospital during the weekdays under their supervision and care while I am at work. I took him there this morning and picked him up this afternoon and brought him home.

Cody has been reluctant to go to the bathroom as he can't get up and move, so their use of a catheter relieved him and minimizes his stress over this. It has also become apparent to me in the last day or so that the pain and anti-inflammatory medication has dampened his appetite significantly as well as his desire to drink, so IV fluids were good for him during the day as well.

As things move along, I can always bring him to work with me and he can sleep near my desk, but I think he could use the extra care during the day right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment