Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nellie Mellie

Dear Auntie MaeMae,

I hope this email finds you healthy and doing well.  How have you and the ladies at church been doing at bingo?  I hope Miss Sarah's ankle is doing better.

I wanted to tell you what I have been doing - I have been fostering for a small dog rescue recently.  And it has really been a lot of fun and rewarding.  

I fostered this momma dog I named "Nellie" and at first, she was NOT a happy camper.  She was pregnant and had two puppies in the carrier when she was coming to the rescue.  Then during the night she had a few more and oh my goodness, Auntie MaeMae - they were SO tiny!

Nellie Mellie (as I call her) was not a very friendly momma at first, but after a time, she realized that I was the source of all the good stuff coming her way - she REALLY liked to eat and had all those babies to feed.  It was so nice to watch them slowly grow up into nice puppies.  And Nellie Mellie became so friendly and loving.  

She's really not a very big dog at all and as soon as she felt OK leaving her puppies for a bit, she was out and about - exploring the back yard and patio.  She made a best friend in Ralph pretty quickly - after all, he's the one who is most likely to be found sitting in his recliner and watching TV - you know Ralph! 

Nellie Mellie turned in to be a very 'kissy face' little dog.  She always has a waggie tail to greet you and just wants to be loved.  All of her puppies grew up and got adopted at the rescue shop.  Now it is just Nellie Mellie who is looking for a good home.  Could you talk to some of the ladies at the church for me and see if they are interested in adopting her?  Nellie Mellie would make a great companion for someone and she gets along with other dogs.  She'd even make a great family dog with children around (or grandchildren).  

She is some kind of a Terrier mix so she doesn't shed hair as much as many other dogs do.  And she's potty trained, so please tell the ladies they couldn't find a better little dog to adopt.  She hands out kisses like they are free and I know - you always tell me that nothing worth having is ever free, but I promise you - Nellie Mellie's kisses are free and delicious to boot!

Hoping you can help me find Nellie Mellie a home!

Your favorite niece,
Rescuing Rita

P.S. Here's another picture of her loving up on Ralph - he's SUCH a ladies man!




=================================================
Special Note on Nellie:
She is now available for adoption and waiting for her new best friend at the rescue shop - http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/28341373

No comments:

Post a Comment