Monday, January 25, 2010

Prince - standing on "guard"...

During one of the brief stretches of 'no rain or downpour' last week, I snapped these photos of Prince as he was 'surveying his domain'... It SO reminded me of the cartoons of my childhood from the Wiley Coyote (??) series... Remember the ones I am talking about?... Where the coyote checks in for work, his job is to try and steal a sheep from the white sheepdog that guards the flock?... And at the end of their shift, they both sit with their backs to you, watching the sheep from crest of the hill?...




By calling his name, I got Prince to turn around and look at me... And I wish I could get better photos of him, for Prince is a magnificent looking dog in person...



He has a very intent and wise look about him, but as ferocious or intimidating as he looks, Prince is a big pussycat...  He'll curl up under blankets in a heart beat and prefers to be a cuddle at the drop of a hat... While he has a block-head and the pushed in nose of the Pug breed, he has few of the normal traits of Pugs... What his true background is, we do not know of course... But he certainly is a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment