Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hot dog in car....

Yet again... This time I am publishing the license plate... 

I am sitting inside my vehicle waiting for my husband in a parking lot (First and Easy Street) and I happen to look over at the car parked aside of us... It is 11:19AM this morning and it is 72 degrees here in Simi Valley according to the Weather Channel... Beautiful blue Pit who has its water bowl (collapsible) tied to its color with a clip... Dog is panting... 

Owner of the silver BMW two door coupe comes back to his car at 11:38AM and I'm thinking, "Great!  He's not leaving that poor dog in that hot car any longer"... Instead, he turns the car on, the A/C on and rolls down the windows about 6"... Gets a duffle bag out of the back seat of his car and goes back into the laundromat!

I continue to watch the dog, whose tongue is now hanging out the side of its mouth and dripping saliva... The dog is REALLY panting heavily now... 

I get out of my vehicle and I walk into the laundromat.... I politely tell the man his car is too hot for that dog to be left inside... He tells me to "Mind your own damned business and get the f*ck out of my face"...

I (now insulted) reply that it does not take but 10 minutes for the temperatures inside a hot car to rise, making it unsafe for the dog's health... His next response was worse than the first one, and I in turn reply that it is that legally OK in the State of California  for me to get that dog out of a hot car --- even if I have to break the glass --- after notifying law enforcement... 


He tells me that if I touch his car, he's going to break my hands and my face... 

I headed back to my vehicle to grab my cell phone and call the police... By this point, the dog's chest is palpating in and out like a squeeze box... This is HEAVY breathing... And I have been watching this dog for 24 minutes already... The dog has gone from being too hot and panting to full out drooling and the chest is caving in and out, panting!

I have my cell phone and dialing for the police when this guy comes out of the laundromat, screaming at me (and I admit, I am now just as loud as him) about what he plans on doing to me and my various body parts...

"This is a service dog" he tells me... If it is a service dog, the dog is allowed to go into the laundromat and the dog is wearing absolutely no indication it is a service dog... Why was it left in a hot car with the windows rolled up to begin with?


The guy gets in his car, pulls it over to the laundromat and starts loading up his laundry, hollering that I am a 'psycho broad'... By this point, my husband arrives and is watching and listening, looking at the dog... Owner loads up and takes off... 

So, to "Mr Dog Owner Who Does Not Care About His Dog"... read what the AVMA says about how rapidly the temperature inside a car climbs 

https://www.avma.org/public/PetCare/Pages/pets-in-vehicles.aspx


If you can't bring your 'service dog' inside a laundromat to wash your dirty clothes, maybe the dog should be left at home instead of being left to bake inside of your car.





No comments:

Post a Comment