Friday, December 18, 2015

From the Director's Chair: "Comic"

Today we have another interview with one of our rescued dogs... Comic - otherwise known to us as the "Unknown Comic"...


Linda:  So, Mr. Comic?  How are you today?
Comic (w/heavy Italian accent):  Oh, please... don't be so formal... just call me "Comic"

Linda:   That's an interesting name - how did you come by it?
Comic:   Frankly, I really don't know.  Humans are such STRANGE animals, ya know?  There I was... just walking along and BAM!, some stranger picks me up around my middle like the goomer really knows me... Like we grew up together in the old neighborhood, ya know?...

Shoves me into a truck and I was wondering what I'd done... Thinkin' I'd made the Bossman mad or something, ya know?... Don't think I was in trouble for stealing that ham sandwich I saw on the counter 'cause I blamed it on the cat... Rumblin' round in the back of that truck, the goober then puts me into a kennel run with other dogs... I hung around there for a bit, made eyes at some of the ladies across the way... And then you come along and said you were going to save me... Hmmm... 


Linda (bit annoyed):  That still doesn't explain your name, Comic.
Comic:    Oh that... Well, one of the TLC volunteers gave me that name... She said that everything I did was so funny, that I should have been a comic... And it stuck.

Linda:    How long have you been with TLC now, Comic?
Comic:    Let's see... It was after Tony went to the slammer... and uh... well, guess it is a year now.   Time flies when you do the time, ya know?


Linda (checking files):  Yes, we took you out of the shelter on 12/1/14.  It has been a year.
Comic:   And ya know?  You guys put that goofy hat on me last year, telling me it would win me a furever home and that Santa was listening... You shouldn't say things to us that are not true... Santa didn't hear me or didn't read my list...
Linda:   Maybe you should have been nicer to the cat and not eaten that ham sandwich?
Comic:   ((silence))

Linda:   So, Comic... What would make someone adopt you?
Comic:   Well, I like to cuddle and I also am the only dog that can walk inside of a cocoon.
Linda:   Huh?
Comic:   Yes, I like to wrap myself up in my blankee and sleep.  If I need a drink, why bother to unwrap myself... I just walk over to the bowl and get me a slurp, then walk back.  No need to take my fleece off and get cold, ya know?

Linda:   Is that all?
Comic:   What more does anyone else need to get adopted in this town?
Linda:   Probably more
Comic:   Well, I have a magic whistle.
Linda:   A magic whistle?
Comic:   Yes, a magic whistle.  I can hit your shoe with my whistle spray at least 2 feet away... I've been practicing that for a long time and my aim is pretty good.
Linda:    I don't think that is a good trick.
Comic:    Can you do it?
Linda:   No.  ((silence))


Linda:    So tell me, Comic.  What would be an ideal home for you if you had your pick?
Comic:   Hmmmmmm... Lets see... This time I think I would like my owner to be a guy... Someone that would think passing gas is funny or would enjoy when the grand kids come over and laugh at my tricks.  I'd like a guy I can go for a slow leisurely walk with and check out all the babes with, then come home, have a ham sandwich, crawl up on the couch and watch some TV.  Maybe take a nap... Or two.   


Then get up, stretch our legs and go practice our whistles outside by the back door... Maybe make up a little gravy for some pasta?  Little garlic bread?  Hey, maybe we can have a burping contest after dinner?  That would be SO COOL!  I just know my guy is out there, waiting for me to come into his life and share his bed... Too personal?  OK, scratch that one... 

Linda:   So there you have it folks... Straight from the 'Unknown Comic' himself... Now waiting for a furever home for over a year now...  Comic, give the folks one last pitch here... Sell yourself with that fabulous smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment