Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby Steps to Fostering...

So many left behind...


and so many saved!


I just wanted to introduce myself as one of the TLC bloggers.  I am excited that this blog is back up and running.  There are so many inspirational stories of some of the precious furbabies we have saved since TLC began a couple of years ago.

As a newbie to the world of formal dog rescue (only about a year and a half under my belt), I have to say that this is perhaps one of the most amazing and rewarding experiences I have ever had.  I have met the most dedicated people banning together to make all the difference in the world of these poor thrown away and abandoned furbabies, and I've met the most precious and wonderful dogs that have found their way into TLC and into the hearts and homes of families all throughout California. 

One of the best bits of advice that Linda, the Director of TLC, told me when I first started navigating my way through this new world of rescue was to take *baby steps*.  It is easy to get overwhelmed when you pull up to any animal shelter and hear the cries and barks of so many desperate dogs pleading to be saved.  And then walking those dreadful halls, looking into the overflowing kennel runs to the deafening sounds of so many frantic animals caged in such horrid conditions is enough to make you turn tail and run.  But in that moment, you have a choice to make, and the brave choice is to open your heart to these poor souls.  

We desperately need more foster homes, for the amount of dogs we can save is dependent on it.  If you are interested in opening your home and heart to one of these furbabies, please contact us at 1-805-405-2765, or visit us on a Saturday at one of our two adoption locations at the Petco in Moorpark, or at Unleashed in Simi Valley, between the hours of 12-4pm and see what we do!  Help us save as many of these furbabies as we can!  Together, we can make a difference in the lives of so many more.  It all starts with baby steps...

They are counting on us!



Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment