Saturday, August 2, 2014

Past, present and the future....

This morning I talked on the phone with someone that I had worked for twice in my professional career, but had not reconnected for at least twenty years... Thanks to the Internet, I was able to track her down through an organization, they forwarded my email and she responded... After the conversation, it was a good feeling to sit back and enjoy... It is copacetic to say thank-you to someone in your past who is, in some part, responsible for the person you have become today... 

One's past is not always something you can be proud of, but it does make you either the person or the organization you are today... And with this in mind, I am announcing the formation of 'THINKvc' which stands for 'Take Heart In No Kill Ventura County'... 

It is my hope that this think-tank organization becomes the steam engine that continues to motivate the progress we as a community have made towards No-Kill...

And with the power of the Internet yet again, I believe we have even great opportunities to unite as one humane community, dedicated to the twelve principles (or 'spokes') of No-Kill...  All interested are invited to become a part of this journey - I wish I had the website (www.thinkvc.org) up and running for this announcement, but it is still in the hands of the webmaster and not yet completed... 

All aspects of what makes No-Kill successful are invited - the shelter system, the rescues, the medical community, the general public, the folks involved who make our laws and plan our future by the implementation of the laws... If you believe in No-Kill, you are invited... 

This has been a long, hard (and sometimes, very weary) journey to change mindsets, principles and personas... There were numerous times in the past 10 years I thought to myself that I should just give up and walk away... And I'd come back again, simply just not believing that we needed to kill healthy, adoptable pets surrendered to our shelter system... 

It has been a team effort to get this far and we have much more to accomplish, my friends!  Interested in becoming part of the future of Ventura County?  Email me and let's get busy saving even more animal lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment