Wednesday, March 6, 2013

And speaking of miracles....

Sadly, we were contacted yesterday concerning 4 orphan Chihuahua pups who were born on Sunday (March 3rd)... The owner came home and found the mother had passed away during or after delivery (not sure and I hated to pry too deeply)... I got an email asking if anyone could bottle feed 4 orphaned Chihuahua pups and you guys know me --- I'm such a softie for the hard cases or the 'next to impossible' situations... So I said we'd give it a try... And early this morning, the owner brought them to the rescue shop...

Now, I can't take credit for this thought, but it directly belongs to my daughter, Desiree - the next generation of rescue in TLC... On Friday, Jezebelle delivered two puppies at the rescue shop and she has a LOT of milk... And I mean A LOT... She's a little pudster when it comes to lactating!

Once I got to the rescue shop this morning, Desiree and I were talking about when the orphaned pups had last been fed... And Desiree suggested I try to see if Jezebelle would foster the 4 orphans... The actual difference in age is only 2 days, but the trick is to see if you can convince mom that the new pups are really hers, ya know?

I did my magic and then stood back, waiting to see what would happen... (smile)... And don't know what Jezebelle was actually thinking, but it must have been like, "Oh my!  Where did those four come from?  How could I have possibly missed my other four babies??!!  Gracious, I need to get busy here!"... 

Throughout the day, we continued to check on the 4 orphans and Jezebelle is nursing all 6 puppies, cleaning them, nurturing them, cuddling them... And I must say... I just checked in and spotted three of the four orphans and one of her own babies all nursing at the same time while the other two were snoozing with full bellies... 

Now, is this a done deal?  No, and we'll have to see how things progress the next few days, but if the 4 orphans make it until the 13th of this month, we've gotten through the danger zone and they will have had the most important part of nursing... All the 'good stuff' only moms can produce... 

So let's keep good thoughts going for Miss Jezebelle and the puppies!

 

2 comments:

  1. God bless this little Mama, you are all angels❤My prayers are sent to you all!

    ReplyDelete