Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Too much hair!

The first obstacle we had to overcome was all that hair~!!  ChinChin's coat was absolutely gorgeous and while I expected it to be tangled and a mess, there were only a few spots that were matted... However, in some spots it was 6-8" long and thick... 



I am not a professional dog groomer, but with small clippers and scissors, I started working on not only shortening the length around his face, ears and chest but also shaving the lower half of him to make easy clean-ups not so difficult.

Throughout it all, he was quite patient with me... My heart was breaking having to cut any of it, but I kept telling myself he needed his strength to get those front legs working along with the ability and self-esteem to stay clean and tidy... 


Midway through, we both needed a break to stop and get a drink... And think about all of this... It almost seemed like he was happy to have most of that coat gone though... He certainly was a lot cooler without it dragging around behind him...


No comments:

Post a Comment